UFOAlert.com Forum Index UFOAlert.com
UFO Alert Files

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[ UFO Government Library ]   [ UFO Discussion Forums ]   [ UFO Photo Gallery ]   [ UFOs in the News ]   [ Best of UFO Alert ]   [ Real UFO Stories ]

Poltergeists...maybe

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grey_Matter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:55 am    Post subject: Poltergeists...maybe Reply with quote

Poletgeists. For those of you who don't know what they are, they're angry ghosts. I think one's living in my house.

July 25th
I was opening my door to leave my room, and a book fell off my shelf, and hit the floor. THe bookshelf is on the otherside of the room, so I couldn't have caused it.

July 26th
I heard a smash from the living room. It sounded as if something had broken in my room. I went back there, and saw my box of lego(c) peices scattered all over the floor.

July 29th
I was sitting on my bed as it began to shake violently. FREAKED ME OUT!

July 31st...my Birthday.
I saw a cloud of red smoke rising out of my backyard. I went out to take a look. It was on fire. I called my father, and he put it out. THe ground underneith wasn't chared at all.

Today, August 2nd
I walked out of the living room to go to the bathroom. I came back in, and all the blinds on our windows were closed. When I left, they were all opened. Probaly just my mom, though.

So I leave you with this...Do you think there's a poltergeist occuping my house? I posted the here because of Paranormal activity. So...What do you think?
Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zacatti

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:00 pm    Post subject: Have you thought of EVP? Reply with quote

Have you thought of looking into what is called, EVP (Electronic Voice Phenomenon)? This method uses static waves from the radio and TV and then, when filtered through special machines and software, one can hear and see people who have died and are still hanging out in your surroundings. If you do in fact have a Poltergeist in your house, it might be worth looking into this new way of communicating with the paranormal. Do keep us informed if you do look into it and come across some interesting results.
Grey_Matter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night, I did some ghost hunting.

I set up a digital vido camera with it's nightvision sensor on. Since my room had the most activity in it, I set it up in there. I slept in my living room on the couch, so I wouldn't get any noises or anything from me. I closed the air vent, and opened the blinds on my window.

So, today (about twenty-five minutes ago to be exact) I reviewed the tape. I watched and fast forward-ed for about three hours in. Then I saw something. I rewinded, and saw a shadow moving around outside my window. I kept rewinding and watching it again. It was the same thing everytime. TIME: 12:46

Then, about two hours later, I saw that my blinds started to shake gently. This lasted about half a minute. TIME: 2:57

That's all that happened. I think the blinds moving might have just been caused by maybe the air coming on, because I didn't close the vent fully or something. BUt thatshadow is something I can not explain.

Untill next time, I'll keep you posted!

Grey_Matter
The heavy thinker
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zacatti

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could always get a medium to come into your place and seek out the spirits. That would be very cool and a bit scary I imagine. My first instinct is to run the hell away from a house that is haunted, but you seem to enjoy your roommates...again, keep us posted...I do believe those that have crossed over still share our space here on earth Shocked
Grey_Matter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah...I don't belive in those ghost hunters. Even if you make everything you tell them up, they'll still just say the house is haunted, and charge you $22,000 just for them to walk into your house for 30 mnutes.

Okay... I'll keep *bleep* happenings. I've seen a lot of weird stuff latly. OH YEAh! By the way...the things with the blinds on my window was just the air vent like I thought it might be.

I'm doing some experiments now. I havn't seen any activity today...but I tell you all if I do.
Agent Orange

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there, Grey Matter.

These are just my opinions on what some of those occurances might have been, although keep in mind that I am NOT saying this is ABSOLUTELY what happened, because I really don't have all the information needed to make definate conclusions. But, just for the sake of discussion:

July 25
More often than not, when people place things back on a shelf, they really don't look where or how said object is left there (this has happened to me quite often). The object (in your case, a book) might be left a little off balanced, but just balanced enough to stay put, until just enough force (say, opening a door which vibrates the walls) pushes it over. An action versus reaction kind of thing.

July 26
Again, without having enough information, it's hard to say what happened here. But maybe, as I said in the last case, it was an action versus reaction thing. Was the box of Legos on a shelf? In your closet? Under your bed? Position of the box is crucial.

July 29
This is a pretty obvious question, but do you live an area that has earthquakes, even little tremors? If so, that would explain this. If not, well more information is needed.

July 31
This is one I'm most curious about. What was your dad's take on it? Was there any noise? Red smoke sometimes indicates that some kind of magnesium/potassium chlorate mixture is being burnt, such as you might find in fireworks.

I really appreciate the fact that you chose to do some investigating and experimentation, instead of jumping to conclusions. Very good! Very Happy And you're right about ghost hunters. They basically tell you what you want to hear, then ask for their check! Psychics are the same way.

I have one more question for you, about the shadow you caught on your video. Do you or your neighbors have pets, like say, cats? Or other animals in the neighborhood, like squirrels? That might explain the shadow.

Again, these are just my opinions on whatever information you provided. I'm in no way drawing conclusions here. It just may be a poltergeist (but, in my opinion, unlikely). Thanks for posting your experiences up for discussion. Smile
Agent Orange

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange.... why was the word "P.o.t.a.s.s.i.u.m Chlorate" censored in my last post? Confused
ufoalert
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Word Censor Filter picked up the a** part in the part - that's all.
Grey_Matter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The legos were on the floor...that's why I found it strange.
Grey_Matter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange...I haven't had ANY activity since I posted this, exept once.

I was watching TV on my bed, then the channels strated flipping wildly. I looked at the flipper, and held it in my hand. Nothing was holding down the Channel+ button, nor the Channel-. Then, after 30 seconds it stopped. This was like a week ago.

That's it though. Everything around this house has seemed to have a happier glow to it. Maybe the 'ghost' went away...
The Skeptic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to look into the concept of "Occamz razor" in which the simplest explanation is most likely the correct one. I doubt there was any ghost in your house as all you have explained is humanly possible. My tv started once flipping like crazy, sometimes if you squeeze the ch+ or - button it gets pressed down, or sometimes its a simple tv glitch. either way, the ghost hypothesis is silly to even investigate for the cause of what you have seen.
Agent Orange

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I was watching TV on my bed, then the channels strated flipping wildly. I looked at the flipper, and held it in my hand. Nothing was holding down the Channel+ button, nor the Channel-. Then, after 30 seconds it stopped. This was like a week ago."

Skeptic is probably right. The components that go into a TV remote are pretty flimsy, the flimsiest being the circuit board. It's basically a thin piece of fibergl@ss etched with copper wiring. The button components are merely little conductive disks that a rubber button, when pressed, pushes the disk to make contact with the circuit board. These contact points can sometimes become bent or mis-shapened, and won't close the circuit fully.

Another explanation would be that someone close by (like a neighbor or even someone else in the house) has a remote tuned to the same frequencies as your remote. I once had a room mate that had a universal remote for the TV in his room. Because of the proximity of a mirror he had next to his TV, if he left his door open, he would manage to change the channels on the TV in the living room! It became annoying after a while, and always ended with me slamming his door shut!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UFOAlert.com Forum Index -> UFO Alert Forum All times are GMT - 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: