UFOAlert.com Forum Index UFOAlert.com
UFO Alert Files

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[ UFO Government Library ]   [ UFO Discussion Forums ]   [ UFO Photo Gallery ]   [ UFOs in the News ]   [ Best of UFO Alert ]   [ Real UFO Stories ]

please help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scarecrow

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:32 pm    Post subject: please help Reply with quote

please help me. i think i've been abducted, maybe more than once. i know i should go to a psycologist or something, but my parents won't believe be. what should i do?
John

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scarecrow

I've been struggling with the same question for the last fifteen years. I don't know that I can give you any useful advice, but I can tell you what I have done and the conclusions I have come to.

If you have vague memories of the incidents and they include a lot of fear involved, you might want to ask yourself if you really want to pursue it. I say this because once you retrieve memories that have been artifically blocked or buried by your own mind as a result of the traumatic nature of the encounters, there is no going back. Once the memories are brought to the surface you cannot hide them again. I would certainly give it a lot of thought before taking the plunge.

And I don't know if it would be wise to just pick a psychologist out of the yellow pages. Like your mother, he or she would probably not believe you were abducted and would not be any help in seeking out those memories.

Even if you find a psychotherapist that is familiar with the abduction phenomenon, you still have to be careful. Hypnosis is a tricky thing and it is difficult to find someone that does not ask leading questions that could implant false memories rather than dig up your buried ones.

My guess is that if you have been abducted once, you have probably had several encounters. The people I know that have experienced this, and myself, have had repeat visits throught their lives. Usually the visits have long periods of time between them like every few years or so, but sometimes they will come back after a short while.

My memories of my time with these creatures include both excruciating fear and incredible joy at being a part of what they were doing. The fear was mostly in the earliest visits and the joy came later, as I got older. Although they never harmed me, they do not have a very good bedside manner, so to speak. Some of the things I experienced terrified the snot out of me. But now as I look back, I realize my fear was mostly of the unknown.

Its a long road, Scarecrow, and you really should consider whether you want to go down it or not. In my case, I had to know. I could not stand the idea that there were things I had lived through that were being hidden from me. But I can't help but wonder if my life would have been much simpler had I not chosen to pursue those lost memories.

But I suppose if I had to do it all over again, I would make the same choices. Whatever you decide to do, I wish you the best of luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UFOAlert.com Forum Index -> UFO Alert Forum All times are GMT - 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: