UFOAlert.com Forum Index UFOAlert.com
UFO Alert Files

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[ UFO Government Library ]   [ UFO Discussion Forums ]   [ UFO Photo Gallery ]   [ UFOs in the News ]   [ Best of UFO Alert ]   [ Real UFO Stories ]

I Believe I've Seen an UFO

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DemonicDragon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:34 pm    Post subject: I Believe I've Seen an UFO Reply with quote

First off, I'm no credable source, I cannot prove what I saw, and there is no way I can claim that this wasn't just my imagination. But, this is something I have to get off my chest, and this BBS seemed like the best place to do so.

A few years back, during the spring months, I was laying on a small couch in the main cabin area of my father's boat while on a trip to repair it with him. We were pulled in port and my father and his friend decided that they needed to go out for a drink.

With the ship's lights off, and no direct glare from any harbor lights, I was able to lay there and look out at a night's sky filled with very little stars due to the residual lighting.

Lying there thinking to myself, I noticed a small star alternating red and blue. Thinking that was neat I started to rack my brain for what it could be. Now, I cannot remember if I noticed it first because of the color or that it was moving, but said "star" was moving straight across the night's sky. My brain wrapped around the conclusion that it was just a jet travelling across the harbor.

About the time I reached that conclusion the "star" stopped moving. This was sudden, there was practically no slowing down at all. So it was then I decided that it had to be a helicopter being piloted for a late-night flight. Intrigued by this "star" I kept watching it.

The "star" in question started moving again along the same path, for just a few seconds. The "star" almost got out of my sight range from where I was lying, but just then it broke from the original couse into movement that can only be explained as ecstatic and chaotic. I watched as it dashed around the sky in movements that even a helicopter could not preform (Knowing that now, when I did view this, the conclusion that it was a helicopter still pertained). These chaotic movements persisted for a at least fifteen minutes before it paused again.

After a brief pause, the "star" carried on yet again, travelling one direction until it was almost out of sight, then preforming the chaotic movements for an extended peroid.

It was while watching it for the second time that my father's friend returned to the ship and my trance on watching this "star" in the sky was broken. I sat up and greeted the friend before I went back to lying down. When I did I couldn't find the "star" anymore.

To this day I believe it was an UFO (or is it proper grammar to say 'a UFO'?) that was either testing flight capabilities or, thanks to my huge ego, it was an UFO putting a show on for me alone.

----------
As I write this I have been feeling more and more nervous, but that is probably more my mind playing tricks on me than anything. And it does feel good to finally get this off my chest. And I appriciate being allowed to do so at this website.

Thank you for your time.
someone

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. When I was 9 or 10, I was out for a walk with my parents on alocal sports field. It was dusk, so only the brightest of stars where showing, and there was also a fair bit of light pollution. My father pointed out what looked like a bright star, but seemed to be flashing different colours, blue, red and orange I think. At first we all thought it was just a trick of the light, but after 5 or so mins it moved at an unbeleiveble speed to a new position and stopped. After another 5mins it just disapeered.

I like you dont know what to make of it. It could easily have been us all just wanting it to be interesting and really have just been anything. The thing that really makes me think it was a UFO was that an artical in the local paper stated that a local army base reported seeing strange lights in the sky, but that in itself is odd.....the military repoting somthing like that. who knows.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UFOAlert.com Forum Index -> UFO Free for All All times are GMT - 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: