UFOAlert.com Forum Index UFOAlert.com
UFO Alert Files

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[ UFO Government Library ]   [ UFO Discussion Forums ]   [ UFO Photo Gallery ]   [ UFOs in the News ]   [ Best of UFO Alert ]   [ Real UFO Stories ]

Since everyone has a camera nowadays...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Agent Orange

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:26 am    Post subject: Since everyone has a camera nowadays... Reply with quote

Here's something I've been pondering about for a while. Back in the 40s, 50s and 60s, it was not a common thing for people to have their cameras with them at all times. Yet, UFO pictures flourished from these decades, from people who just happened to have their cameras with them at the time.

Cut to today, where pretty much everybody has a digital camera or video camera with them, or even just a camera on their cell phone. You'd figure there would be even more footage of UFOs nowadays. Yet there is a considerable small amount of new footage available for scrutiny.

Amateur videographers manage to catch crimes being committed, police brutalities, automobile accidents, and other amazing stuff on video all the time, while they're happening. Yet there are no new UFO sightings captured on video? I find that rather strange. Confused
Zacatti

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You bring up a good point, Agent. My guess is that in today's society, video taping crimes, disasters and the like sell for bigger cash than say a UFO sighting. I would think that capturing a truly unique glimpse of a UFO would bring tons of cash to the lucky videographer.

Then again, perhaps the government has gotten wiser over the decades and now conduct their experiments in remote areas rather than out in the open as they did in the 40s, 50s, 60s.

Just a thought.
Grey_Matter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice points.

I think the reason being is that most people tend to beleive that UFO's do not exist. That's why crime tapes pay more that UFO tapes. People can be sure that crimes have happened...they can't say the same for UFO's.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zacatti

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, unfortunately we live in a society that puts value on eye witnessing the pain and suffering of our fellow citizens. It's funny how a person will take the time to video tape someone getting hurt, but won't take the time to put the camera down and intervene to save that person's suffering.

I wonder sometimes...
Agent Orange

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You both have very good points. The truth of the matter is when amatuer videographers catch a crime or accident on video (short of a surveilence video), there tends to be some amount of eye witness accounts to back up the event as true. During the Rodney King beating, people were driving by the event in there cars. In fact, it was the video that back up THEIR accounts.

Still, I find it strange that, where a good 75% of the populations believes that UFOs are extraterrestrial in origin and that the government is covering these activities up (according to some polls), much more newer footage does not exist. Have people simply given up looking to our skies and videoing strange UFO events? Has the public finally accepted that these sightings are probably of natural, earthly, and human origins?

My take is that many of the past pictures/footage are from a time where people weren't as educated in the matters of science/astronomy as we are now, so they were more ready to accept such evidence as authentic. As technology has advanced over the years, it has become more easy to fake such evidence, and spot such fakery as well, or at least point out optical illusions or illusions caused by the camera itself. Also, I think that people nowadays are less likely to try and fool themselves, and are aware of such things as natural astronomical occurances, optical illusions, camera illusions, and purposely done hoaxes.

Again, just my opinion. I could be wrong... Laughing
fubballo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if UFOs really existed, with all the humans out there holding cell phones to their ears at all times, someone would have snapped a few good digital pictures by now. I bird watch with other enthusiasts, many of us have birding scopes with our digital cameras attached for taking pictures of birds. If a UFO came sailing across the sky, what would it take to snap a picture? Not much. Yet I know of no birders anywhere in the world who have taken a picture of a UFO. Why do you think that is?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UFOAlert.com Forum Index -> UFO Alert Forum All times are GMT - 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: