UFOAlert.com Forum Index UFOAlert.com
UFO Alert Files

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[ UFO Government Library ]   [ UFO Discussion Forums ]   [ UFO Photo Gallery ]   [ UFOs in the News ]   [ Best of UFO Alert ]   [ Real UFO Stories ]

How to resurrect UFOAlert

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spade2x

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:10 am    Post subject: How to resurrect UFOAlert Reply with quote

Ahh it's been a long time. I just thought I'd stop by to mention a few things.

How to get this board going again. It looks like that's the goal of this whole new layout. First off, I thought that Contact died or something? Is the current Contact the original Contact? Or just someone who bought/took control of the website?

In any event, the fact that youíve only had 38 topics in the past six months is enough to indicate that the forum administration is doing something wrong.

First of all, it took me a day and a half to get my stupid account registered. Why such a long delay? Whatís going to happen when a moderator in unavailable to "approve" inactive accounts for a few days? If you want the board to be self-sufficient, then make it so that all one needs is a valid e-mail address (this can be done by having a user click an activation code emailed to him or her). I know this can be done on phpBB boards.

Apparently we also canít flame now? Jesus, itís enough to block swear words, but if you want people to sign up, you need to communicate to them that heated and sometimes even personal debates are welcome and encouraged. The more regulated our discussions, the less likely it is that the skeptics vs. believers debate will progress. Unrestricted debate is a cornerstone of any thought-provoking, educational community, and UFOAlert is no exception.

Otherwise this place is worthless and it will die faster than old school UFOAlert.[/u]
Zacatti

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Spandex,

If you don't like the way things are done around here, then beat it.

I just love these old dead beats who used to come to this board, disappeared and then decide to grace us with their presence and dump their #### opinions on how things should be done.

This is the new board. Take it or leave it. They've got rules now so you can't spam or bring down the site like the old one.

Like I said, if you all you are going to do is #### and whine, then take off.

Otherwise, enlighten us with some thing that is UFO related.

For ####'s sake, even Chairman doesn't whine like a #### - he might post some crazy #### - but he doesn't cry boo hoo that he can't spam, trash or swear like an ignorant $#&*@.

How's that for flaming?
Spade2x

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like how the nickname Spandex is still alive and kicking. And by the way, who in the hell are you? I'm allowed to make constructive suggestions just as much as you are allowed to act like an idiot. So go blow it out your $#&*@.
Zacatti

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still crying, I see.
ufoalert
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, let's just chill out here.

To address a few simple matters:

-Contact is alive.
-We have a new layout.
-Yes, you must register to participate in discussions and yes, we have rules now regarding swearing and flaming.
-Yes, registration requires a little effort, but it prevents spammers and individuals who want to compromise the board.
-Registrations that contain objectional material are scrutinized before approval - in your case Spade2x, your signature raised a red flag and the moderator did their job correctly by waiting to approve your account.
-Debates are always welcomed on UFO Alert. We have placed rules to ensure that these discussions do occur without offending and insulting an individual. While we agree that unrestricted debate is a cornerstone of any thought-provoking, educational community - we also believe it can be done in a mature, intellectual and orderly manner.

This is the new UFO Alert.

Welcome.
The Skeptic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zacatti is either doc or rigel, but i will stick with doc since he always called you spandex.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UFOAlert.com Forum Index -> UFO Free for All All times are GMT - 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: